Terms & Privacy
Angel Oak Companies consists of Angel Oak Capital Advisors, Angel Oak Canopy Partners, Angel Oak Consulting Group, Angel Oak Home Loans, Angel Oak Mortgage Solutions, Angel Oak Prime Bridge. Angel Oak Companies (“Angel Oak” or the “Firm”) takes measures to ensure that the use and disclosure of your private personal information is consistent with applicable law.
Information That We Collect and May Disclose
Angel Oak Companies collects information from and about you in order to provide the superior level of service that you expect. Nonpublic personal information about you may include: your name, mailing address, e-mail address, tax identification number, age, marital status, number of dependents, assets, debts, income, net worth, account information, investments, employment history, financial statements, beneficiary information, personal bank account information, credit history information, broker dealer, financial advisor, IRA custodian, account joint owners and other similar parties, the Firm’s products and services you purchase, your transactional history with the Firm, the fact that you are or have been an investor in a Firm sponsored investment and particulars related to any such investment.
Specific examples of personal information that the Firm may collect and may disclose to affiliates and certain third parties include:
- Information the Firm receives from you on applications, subscription agreements, or other forms. Examples include your name, mailing address, and e-mail address.
- Information about your transactions with the Firm, its affiliates, and others such as account balances, payment history, account activity and financial statements.
- If you visit the Firm’s Internet website, www.AngelOakCompanies.com.
How We Use and Disclose Information
Angel Oak Companies and third-party service providers work together to provide a variety of products and services, and they may need to share some or all nonpublic personal information collected on you to maintain an efficient and effective network of products and services. Angel Oak Companies believes that by sharing information about you and your accounts among our companies and partners, the Firm is better able to serve your investment needs and to suggest services or educational materials that may be of interest to you. The responsible use and disclosure of the nonpublic personal information the Firm collects is crucial to our ability to provide our clients with the type of products and services they expect, and may occur under a variety of different circumstances. For example, the Firm may:
- Use your personally identifiable information internally for the purposes of furthering our business, which may include analyzing your information, matching your information with the information of others, processing services, maintaining accounts, resolving disputes, preventing fraud and verifying your identity.
- Disclose your personally identifiable information when required by law, such as requests for personal information in connection with a judicial, administrative or investigative matter.
- Use and disclose your personally identifiable information on an aggregate basis. This means that the Firm combines parts of your information with parts of the information from our other users without including your name, complete telephone number, complete e-mail address or your street address, in the combination. Examples of how the Firm uses aggregate information include determining the most common zip code among the users of the websites and disclosing that zip code to other parties, or determining and disclosing demographic information such as the average income of investors in our funds.
Sharing Amongst Angel Oak Affiliates and Nonaffiliated Service Providers
Angel Oak Companies may share your personally identifiable information among Firm affiliates engaged in investment or other related financial service activities. Examples might include customer-initiated service requests, establishing and managing your investor accounts, completing your investor transactions, and sharing information with parties acting at your request and on your behalf.
Sharing With Nonaffiliated Service Providers
Angel Oak Companies may disclose your personal information to nonaffiliated service providers who perform business functions on our behalf, which may include marketing of our own investment products and services. Nonaffiliated third party service providers often aid us in the efficient and effective delivery of services and there may be circumstances where it is necessary to disclose nonpublic personal information the Firm collects to such parties. However, before the Firm discloses nonpublic personal information to a nonaffiliated party, we require them to agree to keep our client information confidential and secure and to use it only as authorized by us. Also, Angel Oak Companies will only share your nonpublic information with nonaffiliated third parties under circumstances not covered by state or federal law “opt-out” notice exceptions, such as servicing a financial product or service authorized by the customer, resolving consumer disputes, and protecting against potential fraud or unauthorized transactions. Should this policy ever change in the future, you will be given adequate notice and the option to “opt-out” of such disclosure.
Angel Oak Companies may also disclose the following information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which the Firm has joint marketing agreements:
- Information the Firm receives from you on documents or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your payment history, and parties to the transactions.
- Information the Firm receives from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
Angel Oak Companies requires all joint marketers to have written contracts with us that specify appropriate use of your personal information, require them to take steps to safeguard your personal information, and prohibit them from making unauthorized or unlawful use of your personal information. Angel Oak Companies does not share, sell, or rent your personal private information with outside marketers who may want to offer you their own products and services to you.
How the Firm Protects Your Information
Angel Oak Companies maintains a comprehensive information security program designed to ensure the security and confidentiality of customer information, protects against threats or hazards to the security of such information, and prevents unauthorized access. This program includes:
- Procedures and specifications for administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
- Security procedures related to the processing, storage, retention and disposal of confidential information.
- Programs to detect, prevent and when necessary respond to attacks, intrusions or unauthorized access to confidential information.
- Restricting access to customer information to employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you, and appointing specific employees to oversee our information security program.
Change in Control
- A reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition or other restructuring involving all or substantially all of Angel Oak Companies’ voting securities and/or assets, by operation of law or otherwise.
- A general assignment for the benefit of creditors.
- The appointment of a receiver.
- The filing of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding.
- The liquidation of assets.